Return of goods
According to the Resolution of the CMU of March 19, 1994 No. 172 "On the Implementation of Certain Provisions of the Law of Ukraine "On the Protection of Consumer Rights", food products (beverages, food, etc.) of proper quality are not subject to exchange (return).
Suppose the consumer purchases an unfit food product. In that case, it must be replaced with a food product suitable for consumption, or the money paid by the consumer will be returned, provided there is a document confirming the purchase of the food product.
The consumer has the right to exchange goods of appropriate quality within fourteen days, excluding the day of purchase.
The consumer has the right to exchange a non-food product of appropriate quality for a similar one from the seller from whom it was purchased if the product does not satisfy him in terms of shape, dimensions, style, color, size, or for other reasons, it cannot be used for its intended purpose.
The exchange of goods of appropriate quality is carried out if they have yet to be used and if their appearance, consumer properties, seals, labels, and the settlement document issued to the consumer together with the sold goods have been preserved.
Suppose a similar product is unavailable for sale at the time of exchange. In that case, the consumer has the right to either purchase any other product from the available assortment with a corresponding recalculation of the cost, or to receive money back in the amount of the value of the returned product, or to exchange the product for a similar product upon the first receipt of the corresponding product for sale. When returning money, settlements with the consumer are carried out based on the product's value at the time of its purchase.
You will be denied a replacement or refund if:
· the product, which does not have significant defects, is not new, that is, it has been used;
· more than 14 days have passed since the purchase of the goods;
· when checking the quality of the product, signs of third-party intervention (disclosure, attempted repair) or other warranty service conditions are violated;
· there is no document confirming the fact of purchasing the product.
Return of non-food products of inadequate quality
If defects are detected during the established warranty period, the consumer has the right to demand:
· proportional price reduction;
· free of charge elimination of product defects within a reasonable time;
· reimbursement of costs for elimination of product defects.
If significant defects are found caused by the product manufacturer during the warranty period, the consumer has the right to replace the product or return the money.
A significant defect is a defect that makes it impossible or inadmissible to use the product by its intended purpose, was caused by the fault of the manufacturer (seller, contractor), after its elimination, it appears again for reasons independent of the consumer, and at the same time is endowed with at least one of the following signs:
· it cannot be eliminated at all;
· its elimination requires more than fourteen calendar days;
· it makes the product significantly different from what is provided for in the contract.
If the reason for the return or replacement was the improper quality of the product, the costs associated with its return are borne by the store. If the purchased product was of proper quality, the buyer carries out the costs associated with its return and the remittance of money.